14 July, 2009

Photography class :D

So started my photography class monday which has put me in an excellent mood. I love my OM-1 so much. I dont think I could live without it. Plus the lens is just yummy. I may scan in some of my prints later I'd like to put them on flickr.

My enlarger is my newest luvvy. So we only have 7 people in the class including me and I think I am one of 2 people to have ever used anything but a digital point and shoot before and the only one to have developed film. Ahh I am sooo glad my negatives have come out so far. I would die with how much I love some of my shots I've taken if I fucked it up. I am also uber paranoid about the water when you mix the developer being 68 F. Which is really annoying because it take FOREVER to get it just right. I coaxed my neighbor to come over and model for me tonight and I think I got some great shots out of that. I used three candles for extra light since it was around 9 PM and getting dark. She is a kind of annoying model but hell, it's better than photographing homeless people which was my alternative xD

But yeah. I am uber psyched to see how this roll comes out. I have two rolls to develop tomorrow and the one I did today should be dry so I can work on some prints from there.

Back to the enlarger. ahhh... It is amazing. Even the teacher has issues with it but not I. I embrased it's wonkyness and the annoying fact that the filters are built in but at least it has it's lens which some of them are missing *EEEK*

Well I am going to try and scan my photos now. Maybe that'll work xD. Probably not. Oh well.

BTW. I think I am going to ask for a flash and a tripod for surviving french class... Or at least a tripod. I would love to have one.

OH! And I need to bribe another friend into modeling. I think I'd better bake a cake...

Tata. I'll post the scans in a mo.

~Ariel

No comments:

Post a Comment